Support Group for Family Caregivers
The purpose of this ministry is to provide compassionate weekly support for the caregivers of those suffering from Dementia-related diseases in our community, through education counseling and spiritual guidance. All are welcome! No religious affiliation is required, our goal is to provide caregiver support.
Every Thursday beginning June 28, 2018 | 10:30 - 12 noon in the Library, Our Saviour Lutheran Church
Meetings will be held weekly on an 8-week cycle, one month break between sessions
- A place to exchange information, support, and friendship with others whose lives are affected by dementia
- A forum for sharing practical tips and strategies for coping with the many changes connected with the disease
- A place to express feelings and be reassured that these feelings are normal and expected
- An opportunity to decrease feelings of isolation and loneliness
- A place to find a positive outlook on things without being misunderstood
- The chance to regain some control in the face of a disease that cannot be controlled
- A place to find a sense of hope
Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for information and session dates.